Slowest land treadmill

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
dmpaster

Slowest land treadmill

Post by dmpaster »

Does anyone know which brand of land treadmill will go the slowest? I’ve got a post op hemilaminectomy doxie who looks good doing assisted walking at 0.3mph in our UWT with just enough water to make the belt run. I’d like to switch him to a land treadmill but can’t find one that goes slower than 0.5mph.
Diane M Paster, DVM, DABVP, CCRT, CVPP, cVMA

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Slowest land treadmill

Post by lehughes »

Hi Diane!

We have a Jog A Dog at my clinic. It's heavy, has a metal ungiving walking platform (that I can stand on), and is sloped. We have had it 20 years and it is a true work horse! I take off the side, put a garden bench over it and can sit and help or resist leg. I put a bench right up to the front of it, and can put front feet onto the platform / bench to make the dog use rears only. We love it. We used to have a second Dog Tread treadmill that we just sold because we never used it. THIS one has stood the test of time. BUT as I recall it was over $2000 - https://jogadog.com/

The speed is a dial, so it can go extremely slow. I don't actually know how many mph, because it doesn't have speed measured that way. But I can say that it can go substantially slower than 0.5mph.

I don't know if anybody else has comments... But this is what I know.

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES