Alpha Stim

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Alpha Stim

Post by lehughes »

Hey Laurie,

I hope you are doing well and surviving the cold out there!

I am wondering if you could recommend an alpha-stim (cranio-electric stim?) unit, or what you guys use in the clinic?

I'm looking into it, especially for the more anxious dogs. I seem to have had a run on dogs that are pretty high strung and nervous as of late.

Thanks Laurie,

J

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Alpha Stim

Post by lehughes »

Hey J.

We are looking forward to coming out of the deep freeze next week. This minus 30 shit is hard to live with!

Okay, so Alpha-Stim is a brand of microcurrent. I’ve tried to find other microcurrent units (for cheaper) online. I found one little ‘made in china’ unit that I have for our extra treatment room, but I will say that it feel less comfortable than the Alpha-Stim. So, I tend to recommend Alpha-Stim as the go-to for microcurrent. I’ve not actually looked for it with any of the other health product retailers. Hmm… If you do, let me know what you find.

Back to Alpha-Stim, I’d only get the Cranial Electrostimulation unit (CES). I’m not sold on the other components (pads or probes)… I like the ear clips and can use Muscle stim or even a cheap TENS for any other applications. We have the other ‘parts’ and to be honest, when I was testing them out years ago on various OA cases and such, I didn’t see much of a difference. So we stopped using them.
I have bought one Alpha-Stim CES unit on eBay even. Might be worth looking there. The Alpha-Stim marketing schpeel is to get practitioners to buy a dozen units (at a lower price) and retail them to clients at a higher price… so you might find folks just wanting to get rid of their stock!

We quite like it for the anxious dogs. We also have many different ‘calming sprays’ / pheromone sprays as well.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES