Shockwave purchase

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Shockwave purchase

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie,

I was curious what shockwave unit you're liking these days (not requiring sedation, etc.). The specialty practice next door is considering one, and MAY let us use it some as well (maybe...). My input has been requested...but having never used a unit EVER, I have little to offer. But recalled that you've been enjoying yours, so figured I'd ask.

Again, NO RUSH to respond! Chances are the surgeon is going to choose whatever she wants anyway ;-) but I could still give input I found valuable (yours).

Thanks so much!
K

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Shockwave purchase

Post by lehughes »

So, I have two units now!!! (My first one died, the company said that it was obsolete. But I had my husband look at it, figure out the ’new part number’ for the part that was non-functioning, order it… and 5 months later, it came in, and BAM! It is back in operation as of this past Thursday!) But I had already purchased a new one!

So, I have a Chatanooga Mobile RPW (radial pressure wave), and a Chattanooga RPW Lite. Both are made by Storz. ONLY get one made by Storz if you are looking for best quality. They are the world experts in shockwave. I will have to check and see the comparables available in the USA - as there is some sort of a patent - so that one (or both of these) is not allowed to be sold in the US. When I was searching for my second unit, I found a comparable in the US: https://www.remingtonmedical.com/produc ... rpuls-one/
And there is this one:
https://www.storzmedical.com/us/

Also check out this one - it’s the one sold by mtavet.com - Joe Thompson’s company. https://www.mtavet.com/shockwave-therapy Those using it quite like it. (And it’s a ‘vet version’ which vets seem to like that ‘label’… but they’ll pay more for it!)

There you go! Plus here’s the web page I created back when I was selling a shockwave unit to US purchasers. Lots of info here - www.fourleg.com/Shockwave

Cheers!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

steved

Post by steved »

Hi Laurie
Just seeing if you are liking the RPW lite. Do you find the RPW mobile better? It seems there is less flexibility with the settings with the lite version but at half the price ($AU7000 cf $AU14000) just wondering if the reduced settings flexibility is a problem. I intend to use it on small animals.

Thanks
Steve

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Hi Steve,

I am loving the Lite version (and for what it's worth... that's the exact cost difference here in Canada as well... and that was a HUGE factor).

We had the RPW before... and I'd say that there is very little difference from what I can see. We use the Lite on the highest setting most of the time... but mid setting for boney joints. And of course, for small animals - very safe... you can use more often than FOCUSED shockwave (i.e. weekly)... manufacturers (of the Lite or RPW) say it would be safe daily even.

If I had more $$ to spend, I'd just by two of the Lite and put one in each treatment room!!!

I hope this helps in your decision making!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

steved

Post by steved »

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
Thanks for such providing us with this resource.
Not sure how you find the time to do it but much appreciated.

Steve

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

:D
My pleasure!!!

L
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES