Essential oils- good source for information?

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
Nancytp

Essential oils- good source for information?

Post by Nancytp »

We are getting a lot of questions on Essential oils or clients using them and I have no experience or knowledge with them. Does anyone have a good source, online class or any information that would help gain some knowledge on these?

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Essential oils- good source for information?

Post by lehughes »

Hey Nancy,

My sheltie breeder is really into essential oils and gave me a big book on it. (I'm not sure I'm sold on them, I am open minded however... but the book looks very thorough and weighs about 2 lbs!!!)
The book is: Essential Oils desk reference 6th edition. Life Science Publishing, 2014.
ISBN: 0-9894997-6-7

I'd love to know if anyone knows of an online course as well... something simple. The book makes it seem like a rather complicated science!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

DeniseLaceyBaxter

Re: Essential oils- good source for information?

Post by DeniseLaceyBaxter »

Here is a reply from one of my friends who has worked with essential oils.

https://www.amazon.com/Aromatic-Dog-Ess ... 0984198261

Hi Denise,
The above link is for an excellent text by author Nayana Morag. She is a graduate of Caroline Ingraham's Zoopharmacognosy program. An additional resource is a Facebook group 'Animal Aromatherapy (Safe Use)'. It is a closed group but just ask to be included and you will be added. The Admin has a file section with formulations and excellent recommendations for every issue imaginable. The Essential Oil desk reference is published by Young Living MLM and is unsafe for animals. DVM Melissa Shelton (a former Young Living affiliate) is way too aggressive with her recommendations. (And unsafe in my opinion). She has a text and her own line of essential oils for animals now. The use of Essential Oils with animals should be by the animal's self selection, i.e. -they should be offered (via inhalation) and the animal should decide what they need. Visit Caroline Ingraham's site: www.carolineingraham.com, and see her protocol. (She has a number of YouTube videos as well). She is the leading expert. For those who want an introduction to essential oils (in humans) I recommend my teacher's online FREE course at www.aromahead.com. (It would be a great pre-requisite to using essential oils with animals).

Denise M Testa, LVT, CCRP, CMT