Rehab software

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
drdex

Rehab software

Post by drdex »

Hi All,
I was just wondering what software program everyone was using to keep track of all patient data. I'm currently using my veterinary program (cornerstone) and I've created some documents that I like but it is so hard to follow each patient. Each entry is separate entry and it is impossible to follow trends/measurements. Also, I'm having a hard time getting the reports to the various referral vets because it is taking so much time sorting through all the data. I'm sure there must be a better way. Really hope someone can help. Thanks

Nancytp

Re: Rehab software

Post by Nancytp »

I'm struggling along with Cornerstone also. I am trying out what we are labeling Flow Charts and have them in a separate category I have one that we start for HEP. It is a spreadsheet that lists what exercise when demoed number or reps etc. We can make it so that it doesn't close so I can use it visit after visit.

We are pretty new to cornerstone and I've only been using that chart for a few weeks but so far it has been a big help. We are working on doing the same for laser therapy this week.

If you figure anything out with cornerstone let me know! Hope this helps some.

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

I use a physio software - Practice Perfect. We had the company help us to set it up to make it 'animal specific' vs 'human'... but it has the ability to do most things online.

There is the web-company - Canine Exercise Solutions that has a ther ex online software that you can use to create a HEP - written & with pictures and with links to videos for the owners as well.

But to be totally honest, I love paper. Our charts are still paper.

Maybe someone else will have the magical answer!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

ShariK9PT

Post by ShariK9PT »

Laurie,
I just recently started using Canine Exercise Solutions (CES) for my HEP and love it. I am like you and just can't seem to convert from paper, so I still use paper for my daily notes and charting. I do type up a summary of for the client and referring Veterinarial of my initial consult and then use the CES for the HEP part. In addition, my clients can video or photograph anything I send them home with (or I video for them if they can't). I have used Cornerstone and hated it (it was not rehab user friendly) and also looked in to Cavanti, but it was more for acupuncture documentation. I have yet to find a user friendly rehab program for canines as well except for my recent discovery of CES. They also have EXCELLENT customer support!