Alpha stim

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Alpha stim

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie,
Hope you are well. I have a question about Alpha-Stim. Do you use this in your practice? Is it something that you feel is a worthwhile purchase for a new practice (with a limited budget)? Do you use it frequently? Any tips on getting the best price?
Thanks for your help.
W

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Alpha stim

Post by lehughes »

Hi W!

So, yes, we have Alpha-stim in my clinic. We have one in each treatment room. I do like the Alpha-stim brand over other ’no-name’ Microcurrent units. We bought one on Amazon, but it’s less comfortable… but SEVERAL hundred dollars cheaper. (Catch 22...)

We use it for pain (chronic or acute) and for anxiety. I think it’s good, but I’d not put it on my “primary list" of equipment needs. I categorize it as a ‘later on… nice to have’ list. In regards to best price - troll Ebay. The company promotes people to buy cases of the equipment and to resell them… so lots of folks end up trying to offload them on Ebay. Also, I pretty much only use the ear clips - so you could get away with JUST the Cranial Electrical Stimulation unit (versus the one with the ear clips, probes, and pads.)

I hope this helps!

All the best!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES