Next Purchase

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Next Purchase

Post by lehughes »

I have a surplus (not a huge one, but...) that I can use for additional equipment and I was wondering which modalities/equipment you would suggest investing in. Maybe your top 5? 

I already own:

Laser

Lots of exercise equipment including a land treadmill (no space for an uwtm)

Tens/nmes (but older, small unit so would consider an upgrade)

Assisi Loops

Harnesses,
wraps, etc.

Stance analyzer

And miscellaneous small items)

Should I look at thermal Imaging? Therapeutic ultrasound? Alpha stim?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

SJ

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Next Purchase

Post by lehughes »

Hooray for the small surplus!

Okay, so of your suggestions, I would take out the Thermal Imaging.  We have one, but it collects dust.  It cannot tell us anything more than what our hands tell us.  It’s an expensive toy that doesn’t give you much in return.  Ultrasound?  Just nope.  No advantage.  Hair absorbs the energy and heats… owners don’t want their animal shaved.  No additional value.  Alpha Stim?  Well actually, this is a handy little thing that we find to be great on the dogs with acute or chronic pain.  The earclip model in particular (don’t get the probes… just the earclip - cranial electrical stimulation - CES model).  That’s not a bad idea.  We use it frequently on these types of cases.
The only other things I’d throw out there would be a PEMF mat from Respond.  We like to treat on the mat.  I see you have Assisi loops, but this could be something different.  OR, depending on which laser you have, a new / different head.  (i.e. My most recent laser head from Spectravet is their 12 probe Superpulsed head.  It’s huge, covers tons of ground and works so great for inflammation & pain.

There you go!  Those are my ideas!  

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES