Footwear for the UWT

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Footwear for the UWT

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie,

You have an amazing website. Your online videos are REALLY helping me to learn basic to very advanced levels of animal rehab. therapy and I just LOVE it! I’d been working in small animal general practice for over 30 years, but became burnt out a few years ago and left the industry. I really missed nursing dogs and especially cats. I stumbled onto a Specialty practice that was looking for an LVT that they were willing to train as an assistant for their rehab. department.

I started less then a month ago and finally have my mojo back! Your website is incredibly informative and SO encouraging for someone like me. Your book and equipment recommendations have been a life saver. So here’s my “problem”-I’ve been assisting in underwater treadmills therapies, but haven’t been able to get in the tank, because I can’t find any appropriate footwear. I was hoping you might have some information on any websites that could help me find my big, old glass slipper so I can be more up close and personal with the patients. Amazon has not been my friend, plus I hate giving Jeff Bezos anymore money, IF I can find a small business that has a similar product for sale. I’m not sure if waders are my only option either.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Floundering...
K. LVT Your newest fan

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Footwear for the UWT

Post by lehughes »

Well, to answer the footwear question, our rehab assistants at my clinic will sometimes wear Crocks, bare feet, or those beach / river shoes (we picked some up from the grocery store when we were in Hawaii - inexpensive, unisex. I think I've seen versions of them in Walmart. I think I've seen them in Walgreens down state side as well. (I guess you pay one billionaire or another!!) Don't buy expensive ones!!! I hope this helps!

Laurie

PS I'm delighted that you are getting so much out of the site!
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES