PEMF Loops

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

PEMF Loops

Post by lehughes »

Good afternoon Laurie,

I hope all is well with you and your family. If you have a seconds to give me your opinion on the Assisi loop vs. the KVP Cura PEMF device I would appreciate it.

We have a GS dog that has bilateral elbow and hip dysplasia. We suggested UWTM and laser therapy, but have not gotten an answer from the owners yet and obviously would like to help our patient feel more comfortable between her visits if the owners incline to proceed forward with therapy. Our patient really needs an FHO but the owners are not willing to have the surgery at this time.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give me your opinion.

Sincerely,
CS

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: PEMF Loops

Post by lehughes »

Hi Carrie,

Okay, what I can say is that the Assisi Loop has done some actual research on their product. So you have to give Kudo’s to them for that.
We don’t know if any of the other companies products stand up to theirs.

That being said, I like my Respond PEMF mat. I think they made / make a coat for dogs. The KVP is interesting in that it involves ‘pant’s for the dog’ to wear. You could create pants to hold an Assisi Loop in place using a tensor bandage / ace wrap.
At my clinic we sell the Heal Fast Loop. It’s more economical than Assisi as a retail product, and as someone that has used it, I can ‘feel’ it’s benefits. Is it as good at the Assisi Loop? No idea!
Same would be true for the KVP.

So, you’d have to take into account cost, functionality, owner compliance, dog compliance, etc.

Sorry… this doesn’t give you a 100% opinion. Just some ideas!

All the best!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES