UWT questions

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

UWT questions

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie

I have questions that probably you prefer through the forum. Basically, we decided to buy a UWT, in Israel what we can get is called water walker V3, from westcoast, do you know them? are they good? we have the option of two doors (front and back) or one door. and also regular length which is 1875 mm (doors closed) or extended length, any thoughts?

Congratulations on your new pool! looks amazing!

another question, how do you charge the session on the UWT?

Thanks!!!!
cheers

Y.

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: UWT questions

Post by lehughes »

Hey Y,

Yes, please post on the forum!! :)

But to answer your questions: ! or 2 doors depends on your space. Most are just one door… keep in mind that the dog wants to look our at their owner (or somebody) at the front of the treadmill - not a back wall or window. So if only one door, which way does the treadmill run and can you reverse it so they look out the door they came in?
I think the 1875mm length would work for MOST dogs. Do you see many giant breeds? Do you do much conditioning treadmill work with large / giant breed dogs who might short stride in a shorter treadmill? That becomes your real question.

We kept raising our pool prices until they became unaffordable, I think. So a couple of years ago we reduced them, and made them a flat rate. $48 / session (which is anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes ~ first session ~ to a 20 - 25 minute conditioning session). This has also enabled us to do discounted package rates for 5 (can’t remember how much off… likely 5%) to an unlimited Monthly pass (purchased at the beginning of a month). These have been very well received.

I have my fingers crossed that the pool will be a big hit. We’re just starting to pull revenue from it now. We did a month of free swims. This month is 1/2 price swims. We’re thinking of continuing with first swims at 1/2 price. And then they will be $38 / session. A swim ends up being about 15 minutes of swim with 6 minutes of prep and 8 minutes of drying.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: UWT questions

Post by lehughes »

Great! Thanks!!! You help me a lot!

Y.