Therapy Pool - size?

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Therapy Pool - size?

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie, hope all is well
I tried to get into the forum and it won't let me, do I need another password or something else?
I'm moving into a new building and want to put an indoor pool with jets, so it's a small pool, I'm thinking 3m L x 2m W x 1.15 m H, do you think is a good size?
Thanks
cheers
Y

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Therapy Pool - size?

Post by lehughes »

As for your pool! Contrats! I don’t think it’s too small. I will be appropriate as a therapy pool (i.e if you have someone in with the dog, holding the lifevest and directing the swim.) Or for a smaller dog, you could have them swim to retrieve things or swim back and forth. Either way, it’s do-able. You will end up like us, trying to figure out the best way to utilize the equipment you HAVE, vs doing what others do.

all the best!

Laurie

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Need to tell you before I do it, I am having the pool made to the measurements I want, I don’t have a big space for all the rehab, so I want to make the pool as small as possible that it is functional also for big dogs, I’m not finding anywhere on internet what is the smallest functional pool , and I don’t have the most money for a UWT, so pool it is, do you think it can be smaller? What size would you suggest?
Thanks again
Y.

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Hey!

I don’t think you want it any smaller. I think this would work!
Best of luck! And send me pictures!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

hi again
we are debating if to invest in a UWT that cost three times or in a pool, what do you suggest? Can I do the same in a pool than the UWT, or is there a big difference in the quality of treatment between both of them?
do you rather me writing all this in the forum?
I don't want to take much of your time, I know you busy
I appreciate so much your input, I trust only you
thanks!
y

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

I’ve put your question on the forum anyways!!

When we were considering what to purchase at my clinic 15 years ago, we thought that the UWT would give us more control as a therapy aid. However, there are plenty of people using pools effectively as well. I think you can find a use and will do well with whatever you choose. I would still refer my in-house rehab patients to UWT before Pool… but we are still in the early stages of learning what the pool can do.

You’ll be fine with whatever you choose!

Cheers

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES