Traveling with Equipment & Bracing Courses

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Traveling with Equipment & Bracing Courses

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie, I have been a member of your FourLeg Rehab group for over a couple of years. I have a couple of questions hope you can help me with.

1. Is there a brace/splint making workshop anywhere I can attend?  OrthoPets don't train vets if there is one of their partner clinics nearby.

2. I am taking my laser and acupuncture to treat a dog in Costa Rica this weekend.  Do you have trouble bringing your laser onto a plane? I'd like to keep it in my carry-on. 

Thank you very much.

EG
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Traveling with Equipment & Bracing Courses

Post by lehughes »

Eek!  I didn’t see this in time.  
Acupuncture needles are fine to travel with.  The laser, I would think it would be fine as well… bring paperwork to show what it is.  When I’ve travelled with one, I’ve put it in my checked baggage.

As for brace / splint making workshop… we had Ilaria Borghese of Therapaw come up to Canada to teach one for our members.  It was fabulous.  It’s a lot of work to organize and requires tons of materials (best to get it donated!)
But once we had those things in place… it was AWESOME!  So practical!  So useful!  But her course is offered very few and far between!  I don’t know of any others!

I’ll post your question on the FourLeg Forum to see if others have knowledge of other / different courses on this topic.  I for one, don’t know of any others!

Happy vacationing!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

David Lane

Post by David Lane »

I carry my acu needles, 3b laser, and electroacupuncture with my carry-on several times a year and never had a problem - but those flights are always within Canada. Not sure how the US border dudes would react though.

David Lane DVM
ACVSMR
David Lane DVM
ACVSMR, CVA, CVSMT, CCRP

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

I've taken lasers back and forth to the US without issue.
And my bones to US, UK, & Scandinavia.
Acu needles go world-wide I've found so far!

L
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES