Manual Therapy Continuing Education

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
lehughes
Site Admin

Manual Therapy Continuing Education

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie,

I am a recent CCRT graduate and am a member of FourLeg, which I have found very helpful. I am also certified in acupuncture through MAV. I am finding as I am trying to perform rehab assessments and treatments that I am not as comfortable with manual therapy techniques, joint mobilizations and stretches (and when to use them appropriately) as I would like. We got quite a bit of exposure through CRI but I am finding that I need more practice! My internship with CRI did not have as much of this as I was hoping (mostly my fault as I was limited geographically).

Anyway, I was wondering if you could suggest any hands-on CE courses that would be helpful. Is STAAR the best option? I was unable to attend this year but am planning on attending in 2018.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Sincerely,

K.D.
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Manual Therapy Continuing Education

Post by lehughes »

Hi K.!

So, yes, the STAAR Conference is an excellent place to find courses pertaining to these skills.
As well, I always teach in California in October for Atlas Rehab for Canines: http://www.atlasrehabforcanines.com/conference.html

Beyond that, you could also look into doing an externship with a Physical Therapist that does canine rehab. He/she could really help you with one on one instruction.
I’m hearing of more and more people doing this. AFTER you’ve been out and practicing, going to spend some time at a clinic in order to learn more skills and collaborate with another practitioner could be very useful.

Those are my thoughts to help guide you!

All the best!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES