Paintrace

Discussion regarding whatever other odd-ball stuff that has been thrown your way!
steved

Paintrace

Post by steved »

Hi Laurie
I wondered if you've heard of this:
https://paintrace.com/

Pretty much a real time way to determine if specific areas or activities are painful.
I spoke to Deborah , a vet from the company, and its measuring electrical activity in the amygdala that correlates with pain.
Its a subscription service - $400/ month to use it.
If it can do what it claims then I think it is a tool I could use.

Thanks
Steve

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Paintrace

Post by lehughes »

Hi Steve,

I have heard of it... but I missed the window of opportunity to test it back when it first came out.
That is a bit steep of a price...
However, if you are looking to validate the use of a pharmaceutical, prove your interventions, or convince an owner that a dog legitimately has pain, then I also see it as a useful device (presuming it's a 'reusable' item and not a 'per patient' device.

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have any first hand experience - maybe others have! I hope this engages some discussion!

Thanks for brining up this topic!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

steved

Post by steved »

Hi
It is a subscription service. $400usd a month.
I can see it being used when you have anxious dogs that are hard to interpret with palpation.
Would also be good in geriatrics with multiple problem areas to ensure you are targeting treatments at all the affected areas.

Im tempted to give it a go and charge owners with an optional diagnostic charge or possibly just increase my initial evaluation charge.

Will let you know if I trial it.

Thanks
Steve

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Please do!

I have also put out an email to a physio that did a whole presentation on it! If she responds with information, I'll keep you posted as well!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES