Getting testimonials from owners

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
sunami83

Getting testimonials from owners

Post by sunami83 »

Hello everyone :)

I'm looking to update my webpage and want to put out some testimonials from owners. I've got a few testimonials from thank you cards etc. that I can ask the owners for permission to publish on my page, but I also need to get some more. I think (or rather hope...) that I've got quite a lot of clients who would be happy to give a testimonial. I'm planning to send out the request by e-mail, but what I'm unsure about is how to ask and what to ask for? Anyone have any input on this? And should I give them something in return for writing a testimonial (bag of treats etc.)? And is there a "magical" number of testimonials that's good to publish on a webpage, or just put out everything that I get? I've got 50+ people on my list of people to ask first, so if the majority writes a testimonial it would be quite a high number, perhaps too high?

I think asking people to write something nice about me and my service feels a bit weird, so would be greatful for any input :)

Best Regards
Sunniva Morgan

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Getting testimonials from owners

Post by lehughes »

Hey Sunniva,
Great question! So I would recommend NOT trading a testimonial for a bag of treats. Instead just ask for it. If you have their e-mail, then you can simply ask for them to reply to your e-mail. Be sure to tell them to sign the testimonial in such a way as they would feel comfortable for it to appear. (i.e. full name and city or town)

If you present it in such a way as asking for their help. Most people will want to help... especially if you have helped their dog. It might be a bit scary to ask, but I think you'll be quite surprised with the positive feedback you receive.

In regards to numbers, get and post as many as you can. If you get 50 testimonials, then put up 50 testimonials. If you get 2, then send out a second e-mail.

Be honest, humble, appreciative and genuine (all things I know you are) in your e-mail and you will get plenty enough testimonials. Then tell us how well you succeeded at this as an update later!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

puppylove

Post by puppylove »

Testimonials are a great idea! I emailed my clients and got a great response. I found that several did not know what to say so I gave some recommendations. Some examples I gave was answer the following:- did you enjoy the convenience of having the therapist come to your home?, Was the therapist dependable, did you value the knowledge/service? Also, I only posted 6-7 on my webpage and saved the others so I could rotate them through.

sunami83

Post by sunami83 »

Thanks for the input both of you :) I've started the process by writing an outline of what to say in the e-mails, and deciding who to send out the request to. I'll write an e-mail personally for everyone as I think that will increase the likelihood of people writing a review (as opposed to if I send out a generalized e-mail to everyone). As it's been the middle of the summer holidays in Norway, and the fact that people are generally busy the first part of August I've decided to start sending out the e-mails in a few weeks, except for a few people who I'm seeing quite often at the moment and that I know are spending the summer at home. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Cheers
Sunniva

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

I think your idea to personalize the e-mails is great, and I agree that waiting until people are back from holidays is wise as well! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about your success!!
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES