Newsletters

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
KimB

Newsletters

Post by KimB »

Hi everyone,
I wanted to send a newsletter to the vets in my area. Many aren't familiar with what we do. Should I send via email or the extra expense of a mailer? Any recommendation of things you wish you communicated early on? Did you try this strategy and get an increase in referrals or inquiries?

Thanks
Kim

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Newsletters

Post by lehughes »

Hey Kim!

So for the vets, definitely send by post - an unsolicited e-newsletter won't get read.
Pick and choose which vets you want to send to - you don't need to blanket the entire city, you can decide who you want to target and focus there.
Keep it simple - i.e. 4 pages (maybe printed at a print shop on 11 x 17 paper).
Don't forget the rule of 1/3 informative, 1/3 entertaining, 1/3 promotional.

Topics. Boil down something big into a small bit sized topic. The one we did for Vestibular was very well received. Arthritis. Puppy care. We did one last month on First Rib. Seniors.
I always tell my staff to go through my old blog posts or look at the training videos or Newsletters for ideas / inspiration.

I've found the biggest problem is that people want to tell about EVERYTHING they do... but that makes a jumbled newsletter. So just set your mind to the fact that you're spreading it out over years!

Best of luck!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

KimB

Re: Newsletters

Post by KimB »

Thanks Laurie, that really helps :D