Owners with Insurance

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
lehughes
Site Admin

Owners with Insurance

Post by lehughes »

Question to the group:
Do any of you market specifically to people that have pet insurance? By that I mean, when you send out an e-blast, newsletter, or other marketing materials, has anyone included a bit of a promotional reminder to "Use your Insurance"?

This question comes from a human physio business blog that discussed using promotions geared towards folks with extended health benefits. Letting them know that their benefits cover physical therapy.

I know that in vet medicine, the insurance leans towards accidents / major surgeries, but many policies do cover complementary & alternative care. And some have special 'riders' for rehab and such, that even covers supplements.

So, has anyone thought or or tried to target market to this group of pet owners?

Just wondering....

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

puppylove

Re: Owners with Insurance

Post by puppylove »

Great thought,
In the practices that I work with, the number of clients that carry insurance is 1% of less so marketing to them would be easy! Thanks for the thought.

Missi

KimB

Post by KimB »

Any resource that you recommend for the how to of dealing with pet insurance? I've only worked in the public sector and dealing with insurance let alone pet insurance will be new for me.
Thanks
Kim

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Well each company is different.
Trupanion is fairly easy. Their regular policy covers laser, and their rehab policy covers all rehab (supplements, etc.)
Most others only cover a limited amount per year. And require the vet to sign off / sign the forms.

I've found working with the insurance companies to be fairly straight forwards... We either fill out the forms directly (as all of my practitioners are physios/PTs) or we have the client okay with the referrring vet for us to send the forms over to them to fill out & sign for the clients.

L
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

KimB

Post by KimB »

Thanks!