Practice Management Software

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
Osteorach

Practice Management Software

Post by Osteorach »

I've searched the forum and I can only find software discussion dating back to 2015/16. Does anyone have some insights into a good cost effective practice management software (online bookings and electronic notes)?

A little more information. I'm in Australia and just starting out in the canine world (osteopathy, but also going to complete CCRP). My dog work is at this stage quite part time with home visits at this stage. My human practice is within a multidisciplinary human clinic and completely separate to my dog work.

I'm finding I'm being slack with patient notes on the dog side of things. In my human clinic I am a machine with notes and I put it down to how easy our practice management software makes it. This software package is not an option for dogs as its not cloud based and as i previously mentioned the dog work is very separate.

I know of Jane and Cliniko (these fit within my budget) but does anyone have experience with these when dogs are the patients? Are there any other options that aren't too expensive?

Cheers

Rachel

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Practice Management Software

Post by lehughes »

Hi Rachel!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

So, to be honest, from my standpoint, I think the 'human' software programs are more economical as a general rule, and better suited for this kind of practice, than the typical veterinary software programs. It's been a few years since we searched them out. But when we did the Vet programs were by far WAY to expensive with upfront costs. The human market seems to understand that 'we' aren't prepared to outlay 20 thousand dollars just to get started, and so have affordable monthly plans.

I know of one practitioners using Jane. And I think she likes it. I am still happy with the one I use (which we customized all of the fields to be 'dog' friendly... so if you mention The Canine Fitness Centre, they'd be able to customize it to be like ours - and the legwork was already done.) It's called Practice perfect. http://practiceperfectemr.com/

Now, I think this discussion has been had... but maybe it's in the Miscellaneous section. I did just recently take some screen shots of options that it gives us in regards to charting. (Ugh... I"m a 'paper gal'. I hate online charting. I spend too much time on my computer as it.) However, the software does allow online charting, areas to store documents / pictures / x-rays, inputting of forms, standardized 'letters', etc. And it's web-based.

Hopefully others will chime in!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Ah yes... my memory WAS working correctly!

Go to the Miscellaneous section and check out "Screen Shots of your Intake Forms"

:)
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

Osteorach

Post by Osteorach »

thank you for this