Rehab at a shelter - handout request

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
lehughes
Site Admin

Rehab at a shelter - handout request

Post by lehughes »

Hi Laurie,

I work as a vet tech at a Humane Society and became a CCRP last year. I am desperately trying to get a rehab program going here but short staffing and the usual shelter struggles have delayed the process. We get some pretty interesting cases from your usual OA, TPLO's and FHOs, to your amputations and deformities. I have been using your site often as one of my main resources in creating protocols and getting creative ideas on treatment options and such... it has been a tremendous help and very inspiring!

My question - I have been fostering a puppy with cerebellar hypoplasia and found that the exercises in your document "Building Puppy Rear End Awareness" from March 2017 were really helpful. I showed it to our head vet and she would like to know if this document is something we can give to adopters and put in the animal's file? I know you say that you've made some protocols and documents in such a way that a clinic can add their letterhead, but wanted to ask your permission.

If not, no worries! I'm sure I'll get around to making something eventually during low season. We just seem to be seeing CH more and the vet really loved your document with the pictures and everything. I'm trying to push adoptions of these "special needs" kind of guys more... hoping this pup will be available for adoption later this week!

Anyways, thanks for creating this site! It's been super helpful as a recent CCRP grad!

CG, RVT, CCRP
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Rehab at a shelter - handout request

Post by lehughes »

Hi C.,

Thank you for your e-mail. With that one, you may certainly use it as a hand out. Since it already has a header on it, and my face is in it, I ask that my logo remain on it and my copyright, but if the Humane Society wanted to add their own cover to it, or hand it out as is, that would be totally fine by me!

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Good on you for helping those shelter dogs!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES