Room design info

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
puppylove

Room design info

Post by puppylove »

Good Afternoon,

We are adding a designated rehab room to our existing practice, and purchasing a UWT. The room size is 9 x 20 so the UTW will take up most of my space. Do others on the forum have any special type of air exchange or things in place to help with the humidity that the water will cause? The tanks will be in a separate room.
Any other helpful hints for those that remember when they got their first treadmill?

Thank you,
Missi

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Room design info

Post by lehughes »

Hey Missi,

Thanks for asking a Business question! Yeah!

So, in my old clinic, we simply had the UWT in a contained room... we didn't think twice about humidity / dehumidification. And it could get humid in there. You could likely work with a portable dehumidification unit and get along just fine.

In our new space, we do have a commercial grade air exchange unit - we needed one by city code if we were going to have people 'doing stuff' in the 'warehouse' area of the bay. It's been a life saver... but was a $30000.00 addition (we were lucky the landlord footed that bill for us!)

If you don't need something specific (as deemed by building code), just get a plug in dehumidifier.

My 2cents! But I would also love to hear the answers of others!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

puppylove

Re: Room design info

Post by puppylove »

Wowza! I think the plug in unit sounds great. Thanks Laurie