Explaining value to clients

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
llidvm

Explaining value to clients

Post by llidvm »

Recently, my underwater treadmill was out-of-order for about two weeks. My business came to a screeching halt while awaiting repairs.

I have all the usual modalities, FitPaws equipment, and a medium size DogTread treadmill. I could have come up with workouts that would have challenged my patients, but none of my owners wanted to keep their appointment without the underwater treadmill.

I understand the importance of retraining muscles in ways that underwater treadmill does not allow (moving in different planes, challenging balance, etc.). Obviously, I'm not doing a good job of "selling" that to my clients.
How do you deal with this with your clients, so that they see that other workouts are valuable, too?

Thank you,
Lisa

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Explaining value to clients

Post by lehughes »

Hey Lisa,

Check out Tania's question and my reply in the Miscellaneous section... they're very similar.

Basically, you need to get them hooked on you and your brain before they get hooked on the UWT!

The handful of times that we've have our UWT break down, we've brought clients in by telling them that we don't want them to lose the improvements they've made by not challenging their dog's muscles. And that actually this could be a good thing and a fabulous opportunity to progress their rehab / conditioning even further. (Since it would be my front desk calling folks, I would have them say "Laurie is really excited to try some new things with Muffin that will challenge his muscles in a different way. She doesn't want him to stall out in his progress, or worse go backwards, while we're waiting for the UWT to be repaired."

Alternately, you don't tell them that the UWT is broken down, you simply have them come, tell them that it's broken down when they arrive, but not to worry because you have a backup plan that will be just as good.

The trick is to believe it! And to not be reliant upon it for all scenarios!

Hope this helps!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES