New building fit out

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
dizzy downunder

New building fit out

Post by dizzy downunder »

Hi all,
My canine rehab business is looking at moving into a new premises along with one of my referring veterinary practices. There is going to be an aqua treadmill installed as well.

Vets love easy clean (slippery) flooring, and I need an easy grip surface able to withstand plenty of water and easy to clean up after massage "moulting".
Any ideas on the best types of flooring?

puppylove

Re: New building fit out

Post by puppylove »

You must be bursting with excitement for the new outfit! Congratulations. I haven't used it myself, but I have been in several clinics that utilize Dandy flooring out of Ohio. It is easy to clean and has great traction and padding.

Good luck,
Missi

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: New building fit out

Post by lehughes »

This topic comes up multiple times on another chat group I'm on. From memory, plenty of folks like "Elephant Bark" flooring, and many love a poured rubber floor.
We have carpet in my clinic... but we're not attached to a vet hospital - so it can fly. If you're a vet hospital, it won't!

Both of the suggestions above are somewhat expensive however. So depending upon the size, you could try rubber matting and seal the seams (we did that in our back exercise area & training space). Or we have a wee strip in our clinic that we just didn't have enough of any one of the the various flooring materials left to cover. We put 'Vinyl Carpet' down, and it is the most comfortable stuff!!! Ours looks like hardwood, but it has a soft squish to it, and it has a wee bit of grip. (Not as good as rubber or carpet - but better than plenty of other options.)

Perhaps others will chime in too!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES