Asked to speak at a vet clinic's next staff meeting

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
jenmc

Asked to speak at a vet clinic's next staff meeting

Post by jenmc »

So, I have been invited to speak at a local vet office at their next staff meeting. I need to sell them the idea of the importance of physio for their clients (dogs/cats).
Any suggestions?
Also, what would you say are the most common impairments vets ask you about? I am just wanting to get a sense of what topics I should focus on, as I could ramble on about the praises of physio for so many things, but need to stay focused.
I am kind of nervous about this meeting, so any help would be appreciated.
thanks!

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Asked to speak at a vet clinic's next staff meeting

Post by lehughes »

Hi Jen,

So my suggestion is always to spin the talk towards what THEY can do in clinic, and I give them little things to do that can make a big difference:
Joint compressions post op.
Advise walking the dog with back pain.
PNF leg movements.
Anything to do with finding shoulder tendons / lameness.

Then you can discuss physio and what you can do. If possible put it in the context of case examples. Everyone enjoys watching a case vs listening to "I can do this, and that, and this some more..."

Bring a demo dog.

And don't be nervous!!!! You'll be great!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

tania

Post by tania »

Hi jen,
I do many vet talks at clinics near me. I have found over the years what they want to hear most is 3 things:
1. how we can help with their senior patients
2. how we can help with CCL surgery dogs (and i teach the techs what to do up to two weeks post op before they see me)
3. Most of the vets only know about the under water treadmill so i educate them on what i feel is the best use for it. (post surgery mainly for me)

Another important factor is inviting the vets or their staff to bring one of their dogs so they can see your facility in action..brings lots of referrals.
tania

jenmc

Post by jenmc »

thank you Laurie and Tania :D