Virtual Mentor?

Discussion related to starting up, operating, or growing a canine rehab business, and marketing of the same.
dvmtri

Virtual Mentor?

Post by dvmtri »

Hi all,

I’m new to this site (previous lurker) and generally new to rehab. I’m working towards completing my CCRP, but have been stuck at the final section which includes 40 hours shadowing/internship. I am a full time GP, so its been difficult for me to find available time to step away for the practice to go observe somewhere else. Since the pandemic has started, its become unlikely that I will be going into any other hospitals any time soon.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to allow me to “Zoom” in or provide some sort of video based observation of them in practice. There doesn’t have to be a single way to do it. It could be us having rounds on a case you may have seen earlier in the day/week. Or it could be us corresponding through email over a case. It could be recording a short clip of a dog performing an exercise and emailing it to me, then we can discuss why that exercise was used or considered via talk/text/email.

Any and all ideas are welcome. I would hope not to make anyone else’s schedule anymore busy than it already is, so I’m willing to participate in whatever concept you think may help. I’ve put this last section to complete in the background for a year and I’m determined to move forward now.

Thank you,
Steve Keller

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Mentor?

Post by lehughes »

This is an excellent question and great 'outside the box' thinking!

So, from what I know of the CCRP program, you will need at least 1/2 of your mentoring to be with a CCRP Vet or PT - is that correct?

I know that in the past when I've had CCRP students, they weren't allowed to do all of their hours with me as a CCRT (and all of my other credentials...).

For our Diploma in Canine Rehab (for our Canadian Animal Rehab Division), we have created a Covid option for the physio shadowing component of the Diploma using the FourLeg Videos. I'll attach it here to see if it might fulfil some of the hours you are seeking!

So, let's put this out there and see what we can do! If we get some others willing to step up / help out / be a virtual mentor, perhaps we can help you AND others to get certified!

Cheers,

Laurie

PS I can't attach it... but I want to send this and then figure out how to get the document to post! I might have to turn it into a jpg! Hold onto that thought!
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Here's a look at what we created - as another option to guide virtual mentoring!

I'd love to hear your (or other's) thoughts!

Cheers,

Laurie
Attachments
VirtualDiplomaRequirements.png
VirtualDiplomaRequirements.png (544.87 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

dvmtri

Post by dvmtri »

This is great. I may reach out to CCRP and see if they can offer something like this. The last conversation I had with them was that they were willing to be creative in however I managed to get the hours. They would be taking each on a case by case basis.

Thank you!

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Fingers crossed! Let us know!

L
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES