ideas for geriatric programs

Discussion related to older or debilitated dogs as it pertains to canine rehabilitation.
tania

ideas for geriatric programs

Post by tania »

Last week at the STAAR conference, i hosted a round table discussion on ideas for increasing your bottom line by implementing different programs in your practise. The Program that everyone wanted to initiate was a senior dog program. Our group spent 3 hours putting together ideas which i want to share with all of you. I will post over the next few weeks different areas to address. These include advertising ideas, the intial assessment- intake information, home package ideas, and home exercise program ideas.
This week-advertising ideas:
1.social median and e- blasts
2.internal advertising to clinic staff(especially front line)
3.Promo information- brochures, cards
4.dog walkers, groomers, dog clubs
5. surround veterinary clinics
6, catchy name for these clients (one person has the name "comfort crew")

Next time the Initial assessment- determining what information you need to get, appt times etc.

Thanks laurie for letting me share this info and thanks to the round table group for all your great input
T

puppylove

Re: ideas for geriatric programs

Post by puppylove »

What a great source of information! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following.

Missi

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

Thanks so much TANIA COSTA (I'm just making sure that you are identified here!) for starting off this discussion. It'll be fun to see what you share!
Cheers, Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

Kay Webb

Post by Kay Webb »

So glad you are doing this. I hope to set up something like this in the near future and it may form the basis of my MSc research project. Ill be watching this space with interest but will also let you know how I get on.