Rehab Class for Geriatric Dogs

Discussion related to older or debilitated dogs as it pertains to canine rehabilitation.
Kay Webb

Post by Kay Webb »

Does anyone have any experience of running rehab groups for elderly arthritic dogs. I was thinking of trying it out as an 8 week course to include education, lifestyle adaptation, massage, range of movemnt exs, graduated strength, ROM, balance and proprioceptive activities. Thought the group approach might keep people motivated (like the falls prevention classes for elderley people).

I'd be grateful to hear of anyones experiences eg. unforeseen difficulties, outcome measures found useful, take up, client feedback, pricing etc etc.

Christie Carlo

Post by Christie Carlo »

The class idea sounds good. I would like to consider doing something like that also. I'll have to put some brain-storming on my ToDo List. Haven't quite got around to a Weight Loss program/competition either. Too much to do!

aubie0004

Post by aubie0004 »

I love this idea! I have also thrown around some ideas for general weight loss/conditioning classes for all age dogs. Does anyone offer either of these now? If so do you have any specific guidelines that you follow? Does anyone have any ideas for marketing these 2 types of classes in a general practice?

Katherine