Loss of a Dog

Discussion related to older or debilitated dogs as it pertains to canine rehabilitation.
lehughes
Site Admin

Loss of a Dog

Post by lehughes »

I just wanted to share this. I came across it on a Facebook group I'm on, and credit goes to Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice, St Louis Area, LLC.
I want to share a helpful tip one of our very smart clients shared with me! Ayla has been mopey since Bert passed on Saturday - not bad... still eating and wagging her tail, but less spunky than normal for our crazy girl! And she's sleeping in the spots that were typically "Bert's spots." So, a previous client and now friend recommended what she had done... when their male dog passed away, his female buddy wanted to stay in his crate all day. They put his collar on her, and she was out and around the house like normal again. So, I decided to try it with Ayla. When I got Bert's collar out she sniffed it and just wagged her tail like crazy! I put it on her, and she's had a bit more bounce in her step. Still not 100% Ayla, but better

I imagine its the smell that is comforting. So, I thought I'd share... in case anyone else has the need to give this a try
I thought this sounded cool and figured it would be good to share...
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES