Shoulder Bandage Wrap

Discussion related to the musculoskeletal system - injuries, post-op, lameness, extremity issues (joint, muscle, tenon, fascia...), axial skeleton issues, etc., as it relates to canine rehabilitation.
lehughes
Site Admin

Shoulder Bandage Wrap

Post by lehughes »

Laurie

I was wondering if there are alternatives to Ace bandaging that you would recommend for things like the shoulder bandage wrap? I am struggling to find anything in the way of Ace bandages in NZ, and most of the substitutes are pretty fragile so won't hold up for the time that I would expect a dog to benefit from it. Unfortunately shipping is pretty cost-prohibitive for ordering from the likes of Amazon. The majority of human physio stores have gone to the likes of Ktape or cohesive bandages for wrapping material.

CR

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Shoulder Bandage Wrap

Post by lehughes »

Hello C.

As for the Ace Bandage. I have a number of tensor bandages that I collected over the years from my Dad’s old Vet Clinic. They are long, stretchy, and durable.
So, maybe you go to a farm tack & feed store to get ones for horses. They really don’t make the human ones very sturdy.

I suppose if you were in a pinch, you could use close-weave stockinette as an alternative.

I hope you can find something that will work!

All the best!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES