Bi-oblique dynamic proximal ulnar osteotomy

Discussion related to the musculoskeletal system - injuries, post-op, lameness, extremity issues (joint, muscle, tenon, fascia...), axial skeleton issues, etc., as it relates to canine rehabilitation.
lehughes
Site Admin

Bi-oblique dynamic proximal ulnar osteotomy

Post by lehughes »

Quick question for you:
I have 1 yo Staffy mix s/p bi-oblique dynamic proximal ulnar osteotomy. Only precautions surgeon gave was supervised stairs and 15 min leash walks. Surgery date was 12/5/2019.
Any words of wisdom? I’ve taught the owner (who is a PT) ROM elbow and shoulder, scap mobs, combat crawls and sphinx sitting to increase elbow ROM. Any words of wisdom?
Thanks! H

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Bi-oblique dynamic proximal ulnar osteotomy

Post by lehughes »

Hey H,

So surgery was done for a leg length discrepancy or for a step deformity at the elbow?
There is a post-op elbow surgery protocol on FourLeg. It would work for this as well.
The only thing I’d be leary about is the combat crawls too early… MAYBE causing too much pull on the ulna? That would be my only flag in what you’re doing.
The protocol is located at:
https://www.fourleg.com/media/Post%20%E ... ocol-1.pdf
On FourLeg, I leave them without my letter head, so you could print it off on your own.

Best of luck! And I’m going to post this on the Forum. Maybe others will have additional words of wisdom!

Cheers,

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES