Post TPLO complication

Discussion related to the musculoskeletal system - injuries, post-op, lameness, extremity issues (joint, muscle, tenon, fascia...), axial skeleton issues, etc., as it relates to canine rehabilitation.
ecely22

Post TPLO complication

Post by ecely22 »

Hi Laurie.
Two days ago I received a 6 month post TPLO, Labrador R, 4 years old, with mild atrophy in quadriceps, good PROM in stifle and tarsus, compensatory issues due TPLO , but I found the dog is unable to extend the tarsus when the stifle is flex. Tarsus could be flexed and extended if the stifle is extended or in normal potition. I saw the Xray post surgery : Plate is to proximal and big, degenerative changes in fabellas and insertion of gastroc muscle. Is the first time treating this kind of problem. Any idea or suggestion.
Thank you.

lehughes
Site Admin

Re: Post TPLO complication

Post by lehughes »

Wow! I have never heard of this complication! I'd wonder if any of the surgeons might have any suggestions...

Maybe one of the tendons that come around the lateral malleolus is trapped or stuck.

Maybe a video could help to show what you are seeing. I can't even visualize what might be going on! Very strange!

Laurie
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES

ecely22

Post by ecely22 »

I will see the patient tommorow and I will get the video to post !!!
Thank you Laurie,

lehughes
Site Admin

Post by lehughes »

;)
LAURIE EDGE-HUGHES